Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Successful book

I didn't plan on posting again until next week when I did something scary, but everyone has been asking me what this amazing book about successful women is called. "Secrets of Six Figure Women" by Barbara Stanny is the book, you can buy it on Amazon for less than $10.

Even though it is geared toward women, everyone can get something out of it. (Guys you may just want to fold the cover back when reading it in public). This book makes you realize that you are the only one holding yourself back from being wildly successful. The women in this book are risk takers. They do not worry about what other people think. They make mistakes and learn from them instead of dwelling on them. They get out of their comfort zone and shake things up.

My favorite part in this book is called "Letting go of your cliff". The author tells a story about a mountain climber who suddenly falls and finds herself dangling from a cliff, calling out to God to help her. She hears a voice that tells her it will help her, but first she must let go of the cliff. An extreme analogy, but effective.

How many of us cling to things just because they are comfortable? And not even 'good' comfortable! A miserable day job we're afraid to quit because we'd lose a steady paycheck. Or a bad relationship that we're afraid to end for fear of being alone. Without letting go of the cliff, we can never find out the amazing things waiting out there for us.

I strongly recommend you read this book, and let go of your cliff!

1 comment:

  1. I read the book a while ago and the thing that resonates with me, even to this day, is how these women feel that they are imposters! They think at any moment they will be ‘found out’. I feel like that all the time, but I don’t give myself ANY CREDIT! I have to learn how to start giving myself more credit! I should read the book again, and again, and again, and…

    Thanks for putting yourself out there. I found your blog BY THE AUTHOR, BARBARA STANNY’S Facebook wall post! Four posts into a brand new blog and you got noticed by a heavy weight! Congrats, woman! :D

    Good luck to you! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete