Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Lombardi didn't settle...

I know my first blog of the week dealt with football too but this fit too well with the week's theme:)

“If you'll not settle for anything less than your best, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish in your lives.”
-Vince Lombardi

I have come across many Vince Lombardi quotes in my research for this blog. Not being a huge sports fanatic (I leave that to my boyfriend) I am embarassed to say I didn't know much more about Lombardi than the fact that he coached the Packers at one point (and I only know that because I'm from Wisconsin). After a little internet searching, I found that he led the Packers to three consecutive NFL championships and the first two Super Bowl wins. He also never had a single losing season. This is certainly a man that did not settle for mediocrity, and he succeeded in a big way.

We may not have something as huge as an NFL team to coach, but we still have many opportunities daily to do something with our best efforts. Exercise as hard as you can, strive to do your best at your job, work hard to follow your dream. You may not get a trip to Disney World or a Super Bowl ring, but your efforts will be rewarded in some way that matters to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment